SIA Top up Door Supervisor Training
From October 2021, door supervisors will need to complete top-up training before they renew their licence. Therefore, this Level 2 Award for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Industry (Top Up) course is designed for candidates who currently hold a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA) to work as a door supervisor and need to be brought up to date with the new licence-linked qualification requirements.
If your licence is in need of being renewed and you did your training before summer 2010 we strongly recommend getting this training done and out of the way as soon as possible.
Don’t leave it till last minute and then be out of work as we have witnessed some do!
Top up Door Supervisor training will meet the mandatory SIA refresher
- Must hold qualification prior to the QCF Door Supervision qualifications and who need to renew the license.
- The license should not be expired for more than 3 years.
Unit 1: Principles of Terror Threat Awareness in the Private Security Industry
- Understand terror threats and the role of the security operative in the event of a threat
- Identify the different threat levels
- Recognise the common terror attack methods
- Recognise the actions to take in the event of a terror threat
- Identify the procedures for dealing with suspicious items
- Identify behaviours that could indicate suspicious activity
- Identify how to respond to suspicious behaviour
Unit 2: Principles of Using Equipment for Door Supervisors in the Private Security Sector
- Know how to use equipment relevant to a door supervisor
- Recognise equipment used to manage venue capacity
- Recognise the different types of personal protective equipment relevant to the role of a door supervisor
- State the purpose of using body worn cameras (BWC)
- Identify how to communicate effectively using relevant equipment
- Demonstrate effective use of communication devices
- Know what actions to take in relation to global (or critical) incidents
- Know government guidance in relation to global (or critical) incidents
Unit 3: Application of Physical Intervention Skills in the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand the risks associated with using physical intervention
- Understand how to reduce the risks associated with physical intervention
- Be able to use physical skills to protect yourself and others
Method of teaching
Our expert trainer’s aims to provide top quality training .We train you in a classroom based environment with the help of a combination group and pair activities such as role playing and fully advantage to practice on security equipments such radios, search wands etc.
The Door Supervisor top up Course only £99 takes 2 days to complete. The training course is assessed by 3 multiple choice exams and various practical assessment exercises. Everything you need to know for the examination is covered during the course and your expert instructor will fully prepare you for success in your tests. So, although examinations can sometimes be daunting, you’ll be fully equipped to pass with flying colours!
After successfully passing the exam, the candidate can file an application to renew his SIA Door supervisor Top up License.